How to setup 2-step verification?
BitGo encourages Two Factor Authentication to protect your account. Two Factor Authentication protects your account with your phone as well as your password. You are required to setup 2-Step Verification on sign up after you confirm your email. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Sign Up for a BitGo Personal account: https://www.bitgo.com/wallet
- You will receive a confirmation email. Click on the link in your confirmation email to verify your account.
- Log in to your account and you will be asked to setup Two Factor Authentication
- You can setup Two Factor Authentication using Google authenticator or Yubikey
Setting up Two Factor Authentication via Google Authenticator:
- If you choose to use Google Authenticator for your Two Step Authentication, you'll be prompted to download the Google Authenticator app.
2. Download the Google Authenticator app from the app store. Then Click on the “+” icon on the upper right hand side to add your bitgo account to google authenticator. You can then select the scan barcode option or manual entry to link your account.
3. On scanning the barcode, your BitGo account will get added to Google authenticator.
4. Now enter the 6-digit code into the prompt and click Submit.
5. For future logins, attempts to send bitcoin, or when you make any significant changes to your account, you will be prompted for a 6 digit code from your Google Authenticator app. Simply open the app, type the 6 digit code into the prompt, and then click the blue button to verify the code.
Setting up Two Factor Authentication via Yubikey:
1. If you choose to use Yubikey for your Two Factor Authentication, Select the Yubikey option and click next.
2. Enter a Label for your Yubikey
3. Tab to the Yubikey Code field
4. Insert your Yubikey in your computer’s USB port. If your key has a button or a gold disc, tap it.
5. You Yubikey will be added as your Two Factor Authentication device.
6. For future logins, attempts to send bitcoin, or when you make any significant changes to your account, you will be prompted to insert a Yubikey. Simply insert your Yubikey in your computer’s USB port. If your key has a button or a gold disc, tap it.